Beauty school offers you the opportunity to develop the skills that will turn your creativity, talent, and passion into a rewarding career. It’s a life-changing commitment to yourself and your education, which is why it’s important to take your time and consider various aspects before choosing the beauty school in Kennesaw that’s just right for you.
Picking the wrong beauty school for your talents and interests will only leave you feeling frustrated, but the right beauty school will help you put your best foot forward when starting your beauty career.
What You Need to Know Before Selecting a Beauty School
Visiting beauty schools will help you see firsthand what their programs are like, how you’ll learn, and will give you the opportunity to ask questions and meet instructors and fellow students.
To help you in your search, here are 5 questions you should ask when touring beauty schools:
- Is the School Accredited? Accredited beauty schools have met academic and institutional requirements by the NACCAS — the National Accrediting Commission for Career Arts & Sciences. Being accredited is a strong indication that the school meets high standards for serving students, and attending an accredited beauty school can improve your chances of finding employment after graduation.
- Does the School Offer Financial Aid? Accredited beauty schools often offer financial aid options to help pay for cosmetology program costs to those who qualify. Financial aid could include loans, grants, scholarships, and payment plans.
- What Programs Does the School Offer? Beauty schools may offer some or all of the following programs: cosmetology, esthetics and skin care, nail care, waxing, makeup, and cosmetology instructor training. A variety of program offerings is great for students who aren’t sure what aspect of beauty school interests them most. If you know where your passion lies, make sure the beauty school has a program for it.
- What is the Teaching Style? When you tour beauty schools, be on the lookout for how instruction is delivered. Do the instructors make themselves available one-on-one to students, helping them learn and perfect techniques? That’s what you want. And remember, you’ll learn in a variety of ways — in-class lectures, textbook readings, homework assignments, and hands-on practice on both mannequins and real people.
- What’s the Learning Environment? Beauty school is a lot of work, but it should also be fun. When you tour schools, you should feel welcome. Look at the current students — are they friendly, excited, and learning? Is this a beauty school program that encourages you to express yourself and your creativity? You’re going to devote a lot of time and effort to beauty school, so finding a community of people who will support you makes a big difference.
When exploring beauty schools, don’t be afraid to ask questions until you’re completely comfortable with your choice. If it’s the right place to start your beauty education, you’ll know it. Health and Style Institute is licensed and accredited cosmetology school in Kennesaw. We offer comprehensive beauty programs, financial aid options, and career services. Contact an Admissions Advisor today to schedule a tour.