You don’t need a new year to be a new you. Chemical peel benefits are scientifically proven to make you feel brand new. It’s minimally invasive and has numerous skin-healing properties. If you want baby-soft skin, you need to make a cosmetology appointment as soon as possible.
What are Chemical Peels?
Chemical peels are the ultimate exfoliant. They peel away the dead skin at the top of the face to reveal smooth skin underneath.
An Esthetician will cleanse your face before applying a chemical solution to your face. The peel is active on the face for a set amount of time depending on the strength of the peel. The final step is you looking in the mirror and wondering who the lovely stranger looking back at you is.
The Best Chemical Peel Benefits
- Minimizes Pores
Have you tested every weird hack to try to get rid of your pores without seeing results? If so, you must give chemical peels a try. They exfoliate deeper than at-home remedies, clearing up dead skin and keeping pores clean long after treatment.
- Smooths Away Wrinkles
Chemical peels are often used to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. They also have the anti-aging effect of clearing up age spots. They’ll iron out those wrinkles like your most crinkly shirts.
- Clears Acne
Anyone enrolled in a cosmetology program knows that chemical peels are the ultimate acne fighter. The deep exfoliation will clear away blackheads and reduce current acne. Chemical peels are beneficial in reversing the damage from past acne scars.
- Improves Effectiveness of Skincare Products
Want your moisturizer to sink into your skin? Chemical peels will remove the top layer of skin (Dermal) that blocks skincare products from working their magic. Your skin will be happier than ever to embrace the glow.
- Repairs Sun Damage
UV rays hit and impact your skin every day. Slowly but surely, they build wrinkles and sunspots. Luckily, chemical peels are here to save your skin. They peel away damaged skin and tighten its appearance. Just be sure to wear sunscreen after treatment to make the effects last.
How Mastering Chemical Peels Boosts Your Skincare Program
Chemical peels are more in demand than ever. Skincare students should take time to research chemical peel benefits. There are several types of chemical peels, so they can be customizable to your clients’ skin. The most popular treatments are:
- Salicylic Acid Chemical Peel: Does your client want to calm down their skin after a breakout? Salicylic acid’s antibacterial properties fight against the bacteria that cause acne.
- Mantellic Acid Chemical Peel: Look at every anti-aging serum ingredient list and you’ll find mantellic acid. That’s because it boosts collagen, one of the properties responsible for keeping skin firm. When the skin tightens, it reduces the appearance of wrinkles and other signs of aging. Your clients will love the way they look after this treatment.
- Vitamin C Chemical Peel: Vitamin C is a known fighter against rosacea and other skin pigmentation issues. In its chemical peel form, Vitamin C also tightens skin. Your clients will love how even their skin tone is.
- Glycolic Acid Chemical Peel: This is one of the deepest chemical peels out there, making this a perfect fit for older clients. It’s a powerful exfoliant that sheds dead skin. All of them provide a deep intensity, though there are lighter versions that still go deep into the skin.
- Lactic Acid Chemical Peel: Some of your clients will have sensitive skin that requires a lighter peel. The lactic acid chemical peel has the same exfoliant as deeper peels while being friendly to sensitive skin. Lactic acid comes from milk and feels as smooth as cream.
Your clients deserve beautiful skin. Learning how to apply chemical peels could be the key to giving them the skin they love.
Learn About Chemical Peels While Pursuing an Esthetics License
Want to learn more about the benefits of chemical peels and other skincare techniques?
Health and Style’s cosmetology program in Kennesaw and Atlanta will train you to earn a Georgia cosmetology license. In the 1,500-hour program you’ll master:
- Hair Cutting and Styling
- Hair Coloring
You’ll have the opportunity to take your skills outside of the classroom and pamper real-world clients. The classroom will be your playroom to test out your most experimental looks. By the end of the cosmetology program, you’ll be ready to earn state licensing.
Call 1 (844) 94-STYLE to learn more about earning a Georgia cosmetology license.